Standing Together: for a fighting, democratic Union
- Eastern General: Mark Dee Smith X
- Greater London Female: Molly Cooper X
- Greater London General: Sandy Nicoll X
- South East General: Ivan Bonsell X
- West Midlands General: Matt Raine X
crisis we did nothing to create.
We need a real fightback to stop these attacks and cuts - that is why Higher Education needs a fighting leadership. Millions of us struck on November 30 against pension changes, only to be let down by our leadership. We need a new leadership that will take forward our fights on pensions, jobs, pay and services.
We need a leadership that will stop the government, not negotiate the cuts with them.
Together with others standing for a fighting, democratic union, we stand for:
- Resistance to all cuts and privatisation
- United industrial action to defend pensions and a coordinated fight against Tory pay cuts
- Opposition to all attempts to divide us – like attacks on multiculturalism
- Only funding and supporting politicians who will join us in the fight against cuts
- Ending the waste of members’ money on witch-hunting of left wing activists
If you want to help campaign for these candidates, get in touch by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
When the Heads of Agreement vote went through, I said to those who agreed this was the best we could get after our magnificent action in November:
"On your Heads (of agreement) be it..."
It's become even more clear over the last few months that we need a new leadership of our union fit for purpose to stand up to the current government. These elections are a crucial opportunity for us to change the nature of our union to a fighting, democratic union. Get involved.
This is (obviously) written in a personal capacity. Remember - election procedures prohibit the use of any UNISON facilities for campaigning for particular candidates in elections.