Monday 8 June 2015

RESULTS: NEC elections, left make significant gains

The following candidates have been elected to the NEC under the 'Reclaim the Union' banner for the UNISON NEC elections, 2015 (*indicates a gain -  otherwise they're an incumbent). Check out our results here. 


Needless to say, I'm delighted with the gains we've made. Not least because my running-mate Tomasa Bullen was re-elected with a comprehensive majority, meaning Higher Ed members have retained our two fighting reps on the NEC. Thanks to all who helped her re-election. 

In fact all left incumbents who appeared on the ballot paper held our seats.

As readers of this blog probably know (I think I know both of them personally) I'd already been re-elected unopposed although this was only officially confirmed today. 

I'm looking forward to the next NEC at the National Delegates conference very much indeed. Congratulations all and well done team. 

No comments:

Post a Comment